Faith

Faith

About Me

Faith Mayme Pfeifer was born on December 27, 2010 with Spina Bifida. I have been truly inspired and touched by the Pfeifer family and Faith's journey. It is my goal here to run 1,000 miles by Faith's birthday while raising $1,000 for Faith and her family. If you can or want to make a donation, please click on the Give button on the side of the page (you do NOT have to give $50...that number is just defaulted in there). Once you get to the site you get to type in the amount you would like to donate. No donation is too small and I am grateful for all you do in helping me take on this challenge. I will begin this challenge on May 2, 2011 and my completion date will be December 27, 2011.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Great Day

Although the weather wasn't the best, today was a great day. I was able to get in 4 miles this morning and another 5 this afternoon. Between thinking about Faith and all of your generous donations, the running is getting a lot easier and a heck of a lot more enjoyable. (For those of you who don't know...I'm not much of a fan of running)...but I am beginning to enjoy it.

I definitely need to thank the friends at iMom for their generous donation today. I am simply amazed by everyone's generosity. It is very, very inspiring.

Thank you again for all of your support.

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, and skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes."
~Charles R. Swindoll

2 comments:

  1. You are doing an awesome job Denise, and that quote about attitude is so right on! Wow... 9 miles yesterday, omigoodness! YEA DENISE! and for such a great cause. Keep running strong. :) Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete